Elder Care Doula * End of Life Doula
Doulagivers of Door County WI
Family Caregiver Training is a community course designed with a vision of every family being prepared to support loved ones as they decline, and to understand the care that is needed at the end of life. This training is for everyone: family caregivers, community volunteers, healthcare workers, and many more. This is a non-medical course that teaches everyone the skills they need to take care of those that are facing the end of their lives.
Participants learn the 3 phases of End of Life Care, and what interventions they can suggest for the comfort of both patient and family in each phase. Infused with patient bedside stories, this workshop is empowering, uplifting, and inspiring.
What you will learn:
The 3 phases of End of Life Care, based on the concept of the hospice nurse teaching families how to care for their dying loved one. Participants will learn everything they need to know from the time someone gets a terminal diagnosis, all the way through their final hours as they help to create a sacred space. This course is full of practical, emotional and spiritual information that will empower everyone who takes it. In generations past, these skills were handed down from one generation to another. Doulagivers of Door County is helping to bring this skill and education back to people so that we will regain this knowledge and create the most positive end of life experiences within our community that are possible.
Family Caregiver Course Time: 4 Hour live workshop
To learn more about how to attend this workshop, email email@example.com
This is the highest level of EOL Doula education, skills, and training available. Doulas will learn everything to do for a patient and family from the time someone is diagnosed all the way through to helping families with grief and re-entering life after loss. They will learn how to care for the patient holistically – physically, emotionally, and spiritually – in all three phases of end of life.
- The award-winning Doulagivers End of Life Doula Model of Care;
- End of Life Doula Scope of Practice; and
- Standards of Care.
(Valued at $1997)
• The Shock Phase
• The Stabilization Phase
• The Transition Phase
• Building a Sacred Space
• The Most Common Medication Used in End of Life Care
• The Top 10 End of Life Disease Processes
• When Science Meets the Bedside
• Your Doula Comfort Kit
• Advance Directives
• Creating a Self-Care Practice For Yourself
• End of Life planning
• What to do When Your patient Dies
• Learning Skills for Healthy Grieving
• Starting Your End of Life Doula Practice
You can attend End of Life Doula Certification training classes from anywhere in the world; study at your own pace via our cutting edge online webinar series.
You will have 24/7 access to 12 self-paced online modules which include:
- Audio Recordings
- Actual Patient Case Studies
- 2- 60 minute one-on-one coaching sessions (Valued at $149.00 each)
There is continuous support available via mentoring and community, as well as continuous education through the Doulagivers network conference calls.
(Valued at $149/year)
Building your EOLD Business
Doulagivers Certified EOLD Training shares our Complete Business Building Series.
(Valued at $497)
- Website template and verbiage, FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn verbiage and templates
- Scripts and outlines to use on the phone and in-person
- Access to weekly office hours for questions and support
- How to create your practices payment scales, fees and packages
- Access to our Private Doulagivers FaceBook group and forum
- Access to our Monthly Doulagivers Network Conference Call where we give ongoing education, business, and marketing tools. We also give you the latest information on national initiatives being put in place for the End of Life Doula profession.
- All forms for your End of Life Doula practice: End of Life Patient Template, Doulagivers Interview Checklist Form, Authorization to Talk with Medical Staff Form, and the Patient/Family End of Life Doula Agreement, and Disclaimer Form.
Doulagivers includes several, invaluable marketing tools when starting your end of life doula practice. (Valued at $497)
1) Listing on the Doulagivers Exclusive Doula Directory
2) Access to the latest information on National Initiatives and policy being made for the End of Life Doula profession and practice. Major announcements to be made in January 2018. Use of logo and all PR from Doulagivers.
3) “8 Steps to Launching a Successful End of Life Doula Practice,” the step-by-step instruction guide to beginning and succeeding in your new practice.
4) Permission to use The “Doulagivers Discussions on Death and Dying Seminar Series,” a monthly seminar series you can host at your local library. It includes all covered materials and a press release to promote it.
5) Permission to use the 30-minute Power Point presentation “What is a Doulagiver End of Life Doula.” Doulas may show this to local organizations, churches, and other gatherings. You will become known as the go-to resource in your community.
6) The “5 Steps to Finding End of Life Doula Clients” downloadable pdf.
7) Doulagivers press release. This is your personal announcement that you are a certified End of Life Doula and shares how people can access your services.
8) Ongoing business and marketing support through the Monthly Doulagivers Network Conference Calls.
Registration for Doulagivers Certified End of Life Doula Training
Special Offer through February 28, 2019
Enroll here to receive the entire Certified End of Life Doula Training modules for your independent learning, 2 hours of 1:1 mentoring with Marggie Hatala, ongoing support throughout your training and beyond, and a discount of $1000.
Total cost for this limited offer is $997.00
To enroll, email Marggie at
Complete training package (Valued at $3,438)
Full Payment of $1,997
Installment Plan – 6 Monthly Payments of $383.00
Doulagivers License Agency Training
The Doulagivers Trainings are The New Gold Standard in Elder Care and End of Life Care. Awarded “Worldwide Leader In Health Care” by The International Nurses Association, Doulagivers is desired and raising the level of care in both medical and non-medical Home Health Care Agencies, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Hospitals, and Long Term Care facilities.
Doulagivers is the new specialized, holistic, non-medical area of health care for the elderly. Now licensed and being offered to agencies and organizations to add this much needed area of care to our 78 million Americans over the age of 65 who prefer to stay at home as they age and reach end of life.
For Agency Licensure:
Agencies must apply for licensure. After being accepted, there are 2 different packages offered. The exclusive territory package and the non-exclusive territory package. The employees that are accepted into the program will participate in an online Doula “classroom” for a total of 12 modules, live weekly webinars and at least one year of on-going support and continuing education in The End of Life Doula Network. After purchasing the Doulagivers Training, the agency has an option to bring in a live trainer for an intensive training weekend or continue through online webinars, case studies and support. There will be patient case studies, comprehension assessments, and a minimum number of at least 30 contact hours at the bedside, as well as a background check before certifications are awarded.
Agency/Organization benefits for having Doulagivers as part of there service offerings:
1) Being One of The First to Have The New Gold Standard in Elder Care. It is time to thoroughly train those who care for the elderly with the best holistic model of care. Doulagivers is recognized internationally by multiple organizations and has been the recipient of several awards and more importantly family testimonials.
2) Marketing Advantage Over Competitors. Our senior population will reach the largest demographic by 2030. There is going to be a huge demand for specialized elder caregivers. Consumers have a choice and will be choosing a provider that has taken the extra measures to ensure and train the best elder caregivers possible. It is time to bring back the highest quality of holistic care to our very precious elder population and the people who care for them.
3) Use of The Doulagivers logo, name and Family Caregiver Training. Doulagivers is recognized internationally. Adding this name to your services and website will draw people to your business. Agencies/organizations who attain licensure are allowed to offer the Level 1 End of Life Doula Community Caregiver Training. This is a wonderful way to support and educate family caregivers in your community and let them know you are now offering Doulagivers as part of your services.
4) Listing on the Doulagivers.com website. All Agencies and Organizations that have purchased The Doulagivers Training Certification Program will be listed on the Doulagivers website under “Find a Certified Doulagiver” section. This is free marketing that will bring many more consumers to the participating agency or organization.
Thanks so much for the excellent presentation yesterday. The response from our residents has been overwhelmingly positive. I think that your, from the heart message, really resonated with them. Thank you so much for getting the conversation started.
R. H., Alexian Village Milwaukee